Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I am online....well sort of

So I finally got my web page and email!! Hooray! Except the site is still not up and running, but I am told that it should be by end of day - which is perfect because I have the next two days off so I can promote myself like crazy online!! 

www.doyoubake.com/melissaphillips

I found some more events last night, so hopefully the people will get back to me soon.  I also did great on eBay getting more stuff! I got a three-tier square display, platters, tongs, taster spoons - all for real cheap! so excited :)  My table is going to look awesome!  I need to get a tablecloth at some point as well and possibly a table....

I am currently setting up my facebook page, linked to my personal page. I called it "The Roaming Cupcake" Why the Roaming Cupcake you ask?  Well, because I am pretty much travelling all over to promote my business as well as online and I do have some close similarities to a cupcake - haha.  I will post a link on here once I get some substance to it as well as link it to my individual FB page.

I am also going to change my voice mail incase I start getting phone calls.  (fingers crossed)

Other big news I received today was that the company is launched an "At Home" line of products.  To kick things off they are introducing natural soy candles with delicious "baking" flavors! * Vanilla Cupcake * Pumpkin Roll * Coffee cake and Spice * and *Hot Apple Pie * These look great and I can't wait to try them.  They are will make great holiday gifts as well as great items to sumbit in the quarter auctions!  After all, who doesn't love candles? :)  I am hoping to puchase one of each flavor in the next week so I can aleast have some to show at my table and people can smell them.

I am still trying to figure out how I am going to advertise as well as how much money I am willing to spend.  Luckily I did find some free sites that I can list on.  Then there is craigslist - which could be useful.  There are so many work at home sites out there - I am trying to find one's that have good page layouts, easy to navigate as well as get a lot of traffic! - But I an not going to pay for anything until my site is definately up and running.

Well that's all for today... I am going out to a Halloween themed dinner in Philadelphia and then off to Eastern State Penitentary for some haunted goodness :) Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment