Sunday, December 19, 2010

Anger, disappointment, annoyed.......then ended the day HAPPY!

The title for today describes a few of the feelings I have had today.  I was so hoping that today, I would be writing good news and I would be happy and excited, but unfortunately that is not the case.  I finally decided to write after hiding in my bed from the world... lol.

I was glad I did sleep cause I got some great news after my nap!  So here is the story of my day.  :)

So today's event was coordinated by a Mom's Shopping Guide that distributes over 10,000 issues every 2 months.  I thought for sure people would come.... they didn't.  I got there around 8:30am (since I took a day off of work to go), and the room really looked good.  It was at a senior center and the room was filled with vendors (about 50), the Christmas music was playing and everyone was setting up... I was excited, and I thought to myself, "This is going to be a great day!"  - I got everything set up and the doors opened at 9am.  I figured it was early, and a Sunday, so people would slowly trickle in and then by noon it would be bustling.  It was a flop...  I think for the raffle the only people that won were vendors!  I was pretty bummed....  then looking around the room I see "HER" - for those of you who have been reading my blog remember a certain crazy vendor I had a problem with at a quarter auction for accusing my family of not bidding a quarter (ridiculous).  I saw her looking at me, but I didn't say anything...  didn't want to create any problems and she was all the way on the other side of the room anyway.  The event continued and was supposed to go to 2pm, but everyone was packing up by 1pm.  So I go out to start packing up my stuff back and as I am heading towards my car, I notice a scratch.... I get close to my car and see that there is a long scratch from the passenger door to the back of my car - a deep scratch obviously made by a key.  Then above the long scratch are a few zig-zag scratches.  I could not believe that someone keyed my car!!!!  I have no proof, but it seems pretty coincidental that she was there and now my car is keyed!  I don't have enemies and my car has Do You Bake? sign on it as well as my name.  I called the police and filed a report, but I had no proof it was her plus there were no surveillance cameras in the parking lot.  Needless to say, I was fuming!  Not only was the event a HUGE disappointment, but now I got damage to my car! 

I got home and just crawled into bed...  and hid from the world for a couple hours.

After my nice nap, I woke up to discover I had a new member of my team!  Welcome Michelle!! :)  I am so happy to have you aboard! and wish you great success :)  - That brightened my mood!!

Then, I got a order from my friend's mom for 6 mixes to give as Christmas gifts :) 

So although, more than half of the day was pretty bad, at least it ended well.  Christmas is right around the corner and then a whole new year is ahead of me.  :) 

Two good things that did happen at the event was that I got invited to another event in January.  Also there was a vendor there that sells amazing oils and vinegars.  (I bought some) We were talking and he does a lot of shows... I originally met him at the PA Food and Wine festival.  So he wants to add me on his list of vendors to invite to events he finds out about.  Which was pretty cool.

And you never know.... that's what I love and hate about this business.  You never know what the day is going to bring you... could be good or bad news.  Even today, such a roller coaster of emotions.  Which makes it exciting, but frustrating as well! haha

Tomorrow night, I am having a Do You Bake? dinner.  Meatloaf, Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Garlic and Herb Biscuits.  YUM!!!  I'll try to remember to take pictures this time and I will post my mashed potato and meatloaf recipe. 

Oh and I just got an email from DYB?, looks like we are gonna have a little catalog in the beginning of 2011 - wooohooo :) Can't wait!!!

Well, I am off to finish my homework - ugh - I leave you with a quote.

"You can have unbelievable intelligence, you can have connections, you can have opportunities fall out of the sky. But in the end, hard work is the true, enduring characteristic of successful people" Marsha Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment